Renting a Venue For Your Wedding
Rental Policy for Weddings
Hatcher Garden and Woodland Preserve offers a beautiful and tranquil setting, surrounded by the gentle sounds of nature, for special events. The paved paths meander through 10 acres of woodlands accented by perennial, shade, butterfly and water gardens. The Stone Patio and Waterfall, near The Robert Lawrence Odom Hosta Garden (pictured above left), the Gazebo (by the flower beds near the parking lot), and the Observation Deck (in the woods overlooking the lower pond)and the recently opened Garden of Hope & Healing with its covered Pavilion and a large Brick Terrace (pictured above right) with a stone step entrance provide venues for special event rentals.
Stone Patio & Waterfall
Rental Fees in the Garden:
$250 plus $100 deposit for one hour and additional hours are $250/hr*
$750 plus $150 deposit for four hours*
*Additional charges apply for staff assistance.
Rental Agreement and Fee and Deposit Payments:
A signed Rental Agreement with paid deposit is due in order to confirm an event reservation. All fees must be paid in full two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Cancellations and Deposit Refunds:
In case of cancellation or inclement weather causing cancellation, the fee is fully refundable. Once the special event has occurred and a "grounds condition assessment" has been completed by a Hatcher Garden staff member, if there is no damage to the Garden grounds in the area where the special event was held, the pre-paid deposit will be refunded with a check to the special event renter within two weeks after the date of the scheduled event.
Contact: Hatcher Garden Office 864-574-7724
The rental party must abide by any additional verbal restrictions placed on it during the event. Hatcher Garden and Woodland Preserve reserves the right to cancel or terminate the event at any time the party is not abiding by the guidelines or verbal restrictions.
1. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the garden without prior approval of the Board of Trustees of Hatcher Garden & Woodland Preserve.
2. No fires, candles, or grilling are permitted in the garden.
3. Children in the garden must be attended by an adult at all times.
4. All event attendees must remain on pathways.
5. Moving garden furniture is prohibited unless (a) advance permission is received from the garden office and(b) it is returned to the exact location.
6. Tents, chairs, and tables are the responsibility of the rental party. Due to limited garden staffing, absolutely no setups are provided by the garden staff members.
7. No dangerous activity will be allowed, and no activity damaging to the garden property will be allowed.
8. Signs and decorations may be used to indicate that a private event is progress as long as they are removed from the garden after the event.
9. Free parking is available in designated areas only. For events involving seventy-five (75) or more vehicles, special arrangements must be made for parking.
10. For dressing rooms, very basic restroom facilities are available in the Jess Taylor Pavilion by the parking lot.
11. The use of confetti, bubbles, or rice is not permitted in the garden, however we do allow birdseed to be used during special events.
Click Here for the Hatcher Garden Rental Agreement Signature Form (PDF)
NOTICE: While on the grounds at Hatcher Garden, you are under your own cognizance. Please be aware that you are in a natural setting and there are factors beyond our control. We cannot be responsible for falling limbs, acts of God, behavior of wild animals, etc. For your safety and the safety of our aquatic life, stay out of the water, streams and off the rocks. Please do not disturb the wildlife. Thank you for your responsible behavior.