Rental Policy for Birthday Parties, Family Reunions and Small Meetings
Hatcher Garden and Woodland Preserve offers a beautiful, natural setting for your next birthday party, family reunion or small meeting. The paved paths meander through 10 acres of woodlands accented by perennial, shade, butterfly and water gardens. The Observation Deck, the Gazebo (above right), the Stone Amphitheater (pictured below right), the Jess Taylor Pavilion (above left) and the picnic tables in The Park offer many different choices for your special celebration or meeting. In addition, the Hatcher Garden Office has a Board Room available for rental for various clubs or business meetings.
Rental Fees in the Garden:
$50 for a one hour rental in the Garden and $25/hr for each additional hour.
Agreement and Fee and Deposit Payments:
A signed Rental Agreement with paid deposit of $25 is due in order to confirm the reservation. All fees must be paid in full two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Rental Fees in the Hatcher Garden Office Board Room:
Please contact the Hatcher Garden Office for information at 864-574-7724.
Cancellations and Deposit Refunds:
In case of cancellation or inclement weather causing cancellation, the fee is fully refundable. Once the rental event has occurred and a “grounds condition assessment” has been completed by a Hatcher Garden staff member, if there is no damage to the Garden grounds in the area where the rental event was held, the pre-paid deposit will be refunded with a check to the event renter within 2 weeks after the date of the scheduled event.
Contact: Hatcher Garden Office, 864-574-7724
The rental party must abide by any additional verbal restrictions placed on it during the event. Hatcher Garden and Woodland Preserve reserves the right to cancel or terminate the event at any time the party is not abiding by verbal instructions or not following the following guidelines:
1. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the garden without prior approval of the Board of Trustees of Hatcher Garden & Woodland Preserve.
2. No fires, candles, or grilling are permitted in the garden.
3. Children in the garden must be attended by an adult at all times.
4. All event attendees must remain on pathways.
5. Moving garden furniture is prohibited unless (a) advance permission is received from the garden office and (b) it is returned to the exact location.
6. Tents, chairs, and tables are the responsibility of the rental party. Due to limited garden staffing absolutely no setups are provided by the garden staff members.
7. No dangerous activity will be allowed, and no activity damaging to the garden property will be allowed.
8. Signs and decorations may be used to indicate that a private event is progress as long as they are removed from the garden after the event.
9. Free parking is available in designated areas only. For events involving seventy-five (75) or more vehicles, special arrangements must be made for parking.
10. For dressing rooms, very basic restroom facilities are available in the Jess Taylor Pavilion located by the parking lot.
11. The use of confetti, bubbles, or rice is not permitted in the garden, however we do allow birdseed to be used during special events.
For more information, contact the Hatcher Garden Office at (864) 574-7724
Click Here for the Hatcher Rental Agreement Form (PDF)
NOTICE: While on the grounds at Hatcher Garden, you are under your own cognizance. Please be aware that you are in a natural setting and there are factors beyond our control. We cannot be responsible for falling limbs, acts of God, behavior of wild animals, etc. For your safety and the safety of our aquatic life, stay out of the water, streams and off the rocks. Please do not disturb the wildlife. Thank you for your responsible behavior.